International Student Programme Administrator
Advertiser: Study Nelson LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Apr 2019
- Tasman, Nelson
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Study Nelson Ltd is an International Education Agency bringing young people from Europe to New Zealand for exceptional international education experiences.
We are seeking a fluent German speaking individual (must be at native German speaker level) to coordinate a care programme for international secondary school students, incl.
- introductory seminars and activities,
- prepare and advise students and their parents prior to their stay in NZ,
- support work with students, including communication and liaison with parents in a German speaking country,
- communication & liaison with schools and host families in New Zealand,
- administrative tasks and database management,
The International Student Programme Administrator will be a peoples´ person with a well-developed common sense who brings loads of initiative and energy to the role. It is vital that you genuinely enjoy relating to people, especially teenagers and their parents. At the same time the role requires administrative competencies, the ability to multi-task and highly developed attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be working within our team of dedicated professionals and will have the following skills and attributes:
- German language skills at native speaker level with fluent English skills (both spoken and written),
- Experience in international education, work with teenagers, teaching or social work desirable
- Excellent administration skills
- A formal qualification in business administration or in an education based profession
- Experiences with the German and the New Zealand education system an advantage
- Highly organised team player with energy, initiative and drive,
- Competent in using social media programmes (Facebook, Instagram etc),
- Outstanding communication skills & the ability to relate easily to teenagers and adults alike,
- Must be able to work outside office hours and travel at times.
We'd like to hear from you if you tick all the above boxes and are committed to living in Nelson for the long term
Applicants for this position should be a New Zealander citizen or resident or have a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?