Teacher Aide - Part Time, Fixed Term
Advertiser: Hagley CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Apr 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
(This list should be viewed as a general guide and may be subject to change)
- Working in the classroom to assist students with literacy enhancement.
- Work with small groups of students to improve identified literacy skills.
- Building resources to help teachers with their planned programmes.
- Selecting appropriate resources for the age, gender and ethnic grouping of the student.
- Using computer aided programmes to enhance literacy skills of students.
- Be aware of the emotional safety when working with students.
- Report Health and Safety issues when they occur.
- Attend meetings required by Head of Department Learning Support.
- Mark assessments undertaken to measure student literacy level and understanding.
- Input into reporting on student progress and achievement in relationship to their literacy level.
Conditions of Employment for Teacher Aide, Learning Support
1 . The remuneration for this position will be confirmed depending on experience of the successful applicant.
- The College supports continuous improvement of skills and encourages staff to attend appropriate training courses.
- The successful applicant will be required to hold a current first aid certificate or obtain one within 6 months of appointment.
- Staff appraisal will be regularly undertaken through the College's Performance Management system.
- This position will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Employment is subject to the needs and funding of the College. Any changes will be notified accordingly.
- The college has an equal opportunity employment policy and a smoke free work environment policy.
- Appointment to this position subject to a successful police vet.
- Be open to learn and use te reo and understand Maori tikanga.
Applicants for the position of Teacher Aide at Hagley College should possess the following attributes:
- Be supportive of Hagley Community College
- Bright, outgoing personality
- Possess a high degree of tolerance and a good sense of humour
- Maintain confidentiality as necessary
- Have good organisational skills
- Possess a high level of personal pride in work standards and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A friendly and courteous personality with a professional approach to the various tasks
- Sensitivity and awareness of issues of race, gender, age and ability
- Able to work unsupervised
- Willingness to received advice and guidance from teachers
- Have good computer skills
Position closes at 4pm on Tuesday 30 April 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?