Advertiser: TaranakipineMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Apr 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Looking for a role that satisfies your desire to work with numbers and show how clever you are? Passionate about accuracy, detail and high standards? Want access to the elements that management accounting exposes you too? We may have what you’ve been seeking…
Taranakipine is a New Zealand owned business specialising in the design and manufacture of engineered, pine building products. We are a significant exporter to Australia and the USA as well as having a strong market position in New Zealand. We are constantly extending our product offer, brands and manufacturing capability.
Our culture is open, approachable and supportive with a focus on team, continuous improvement and customer service.
As a key member of the Administration Team you will have a significant role to play in ensuring the business meets its Management Accounting requirements.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will be focussed on assisting the Accountant with all aspects of management accounting such as;
- Financial reporting,
- Taxation compliance,
- Treasury management,
- Production reporting,
- Manage export documentation and Export certification,
- Production budgeting and forecasting,
- Continuous improvement and development of financial systems.
To be successful in this role you will possess some or all of the following competencies:
- Enthusiastic, accurate, full of initiative, courageous and sensible,
- Have several years’ experience in a corporate, financial office,
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be proficient in Excel and other finance applications,
- Have a good understanding of financial systems and processes,
- Experience in a manufacturing industry would be beneficial,
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be ideal.
We offer a competitive remuneration package for our ideal candidate.
A position description can be supplied, for shortlisted candidates, to provide an overview of the role. If you have any questions about this role, please call Damon Jacobsen on 06 755 9776 for a confidential discussion. Applications should be provided via this website. Applications close on 3rd May 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?