Student Support Officer / Receptionist
Advertiser: ATMC New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Apr 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Your expertise in student support will be highly valued here. We have a very real passion for what we do and this energy flows into our day-to-day work.
The successful candidate will be contributing to the impact we have in the lives of students and their communities, on not just a local and national scale but worldwide.
We are an Australian private education group, currently on the final stages of setting up a Private Training Establishment (PTE) in New Zealand. We are a frontrunner in international education and partner to three prestigious universities in Australia. We pride ourselves in providing a pathway for international students seeking higher education in some of the most liveable and culturally diverse cities in the world!
We offer a range of degrees that are delivered in a personalized and practical learning environment with a strong focus on global industry connections. Our students graduate with the skills, knowledge and relevant industry experience necessary to make a significant impact on the world.
You will play a vital role within ATMC NZ as the first impression of the organisation to students, guests and stakeholders. You will oversee the reception/front desk, meeting and greeting all staff, students and guests upon arrival in a professional and warm manner. Whilst upholding the principles of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016, you will support students’ wellbeing and overall experience, including attending to complaints in a friendly manner as well as engaging effectively across all cultures.
Essential attributes/skills we are looking for:
- Strong, positive focus on service to students
- Extensive experience working in the international student tertiary sector
- Understanding of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional Administrative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in educational programs pertaining to student support services
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and maintain confidentiality
- Expertise with oversight of student records and systems. Moodle experience would be a plus.
Applications from overseas will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you are interested in this role and believe you have what it takes to succeed, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by clicking the "apply now" button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have customer service experience?