Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Apr 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, PA, EA & Secretarial
Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide high level executive and administration support to the general manager and executive team. Working collaboratively you will be a responsible and accountable executive assistant to the leadership team in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to diary management, travel arrangements, preparation of reports, correspondence and quality assurance document control, presentations, minutes of meetings, phone and email support and stakeholder communication.
You will also nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous senior executive support experience with excellent administrative and computer based skills using MS Office suite,
- Exceptional organisational skills, a proactive approach to work and a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise complex tasks,
- Proven ability to work under pressure and problem solve while maintaining attention to detail,
- Ability to build strong and genuine relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across all levels,
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting tight deadlines and ability to flex across work areas and tasks,
- Strong communication skills, professionalism and enthusiasm,
- Understanding of Quality Assurance systems would be advantageous as would experience in a hospitality or convention & exhibition facility.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you. Applications close 5pm Tuesday 23 April. We anticipate interviews will take place in May.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai (opening mid-2019). AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct for Brisbane. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?