Director of Event Services
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Apr 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a key member of the Executive team and will exercise considerable influence in the overall operation of Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre.
You will deliver world class event day service, quality and delivery, ensuring seamless coordination of event services through effective floor management by closely liaising with multiple departments to deliver client needs. Overseeing the event planning, audio visual and floor coordination teams you will make a difference by anticipating, coordinating and implementing changes effortlessly.
You will also nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
The successful candidate will require:
- Bachelor degree in event planning, hospitality management or equivalent,
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior management role in a convention and exhibition facility, either in event planning or audio visual,
- Experience in, and working knowledge of a 5 star event venue floor operations, including audio visual and production,
- Outstanding communication skills with extensive experience in close client liaison,
- Ability to anticipate and coordinate changes across departments, motivating teams to deliver client needs with urgency while maintaining quality and safety standards,
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of safety and security and venue presentation,
- High level client and customer focus with ability to problem solve and provide solutions,
- Strong leadership and communication skills and capability to motivate and lead your team effectively,
- Experience in pre-opening in a hospitality or convention & exhibition facility is highly advantageous.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 17 April 2019. We anticipate interviews will take place in May.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai (opening mid-2019). AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct for Brisbane. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?