Human Resources Manager
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Apr 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the Business Services Director, you will be a key member of the management team responsible for the delivery of contemporary and compliant HR practices, quality employee relations, recruitment, learning and development and execution of Te Pae’s people strategy.
You will also nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
The successful candidate will require:
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in Human Resources,
- Excellent working knowledge of NZ employment law, related legislation and HR practices
- A customer centric, people-focussed attitude, committed to delivering commercial HR solutions
- Demonstrated experience in a similar level role in Hospitality or Business Events industry,
- Ability to develop programs to embed Te Pai culture, values, service standards and practices,
- Experience in contemporary recruitment campaigns, developing learning programs and driving and supporting key people initiatives,
- Expertise in coaching and influencing for high performance and quality standards,
- Commitment to build strong working relationships, engaging with all levels,
- Capability to motivate and lead others, excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement all HR administrative systems and process, policy development and compliance programs,
- Experience in pre-opening in a hospitality or convention & exhibition facility is highly advantageous.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 April 2019. We anticipate interviews will take place in May.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai (opening mid-2019). AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct for Brisbane. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?