Engagement Manager - Bequests (Part-time, 24 hours / week)
Advertiser: TearfundMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Apr 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
Tearfund is one of New Zealand’s leading NGO’s with development partnerships and programmes throughout the developing world. It is a highly respected charity that inspires people to give, learn, advocate and stand up against injustice.
Over 25,000 donors and 1,600 churches nationwide provide a network for the majority of funding needed for Tearfund’s development programmes.
Tearfund’s priority sectors are:
• Child Sponsorship
• Disasters and Peace Building
• Anti-Trafficking and Exploitation
• Water, Health and Education
• Enterprise and Empowerment
There are over 40 highly competent experienced staff, plus volunteers, who work from the Mt Roskill, Auckland office to support the growth and effectiveness of these programmes.
The Engagement Manager – Bequests, is one of our key front-line roles that works directly with our supporters, developing fundraising initiatives, events and ideas to widen our supporter base and increase income. You’ll be responsible for developing and managing Tearfund’s bequest strategy, using innovative approaches to build a successful pipeline of bequest enquirers, intenders and confirmed bequest pledgees.
Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”.
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Experience working in a fundraising role which had tangible goals and revenue targets
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- The ability to speak in public, engaging with and inspiring others to act
- Be a self-starter who has the qualities and skills to act autonomously yet liaise closely with the wider Tearfund team
- Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”. Personal alignment with this mission will be important for the candidate who is appointed to this role.
This is an opportunity to join a committed and passionate team supporting life changing programmes.
To discuss this opportunity in confidence please phone Elke Nieschmidt on 021 802 213 or to apply send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?