Advertiser: Solomon GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Apr 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
As an Employment Broker-Navigator you will:
- Work to reduce barriers and create opportunities for students to gain sustainable employment.
- Build and maintain relationships with employers in order to provide relevant and meaningful employment opportunities for ALL students.
- Refer appropriate students to potential employers for consideration for job openings.
- Build strong partnerships with students through one on one job preparation for the interview process and employment placement.
- Match student skill set with available job opportunities.
- Facilitate and support tutors with employment workshops in order to prepare students for the job market.
- Assist students in job search and application process.
The ideal candidate will have had a background in recruitment, employment placement and sales. You’ll have experience in working with employers by developing and assisting in identifying their work force needs and provide solutions to support. Be driven and outcomes focussed. Great at managing relationships which create partnerships to increase employment placements for students.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong sales experience
- Open and honest communication skills
- Be able to liaise with many different stakeholders to develop positive, win-win relationships and employment placement outcomes
- Be solutions focused and will ‘do the work’
- Previous understanding of target group, employment contracts (or similar)
- Target focussed
- Strong at foreseeing risk and managing this appropriately including compliance such as Health and Safety, Employment and Privacy Act
- Take ownership and responsibility of team performance and employment placement of students
- Role model empathy for students while empowering them to succeed
- Applicant needs to be non-judgemental, flexible and able to deal with complex situations
- Hold a full clean driver’s license
- If you have a proven track record in delivering outcomes, we’d love to hear from you
Solomon Group will not employ any person in a paid or voluntary capacity, (including on a management committee) who has a conviction for sexual crimes or for any offence involving the harm or exploitation of children. The successful applicant will be required to do a Criminal Records check/Police Vetting Check and any offer is subject to the results of that check. Solomon Group completes Literacy and Numeracy and Drug Testing as part of its recruitment process