Advertiser: Freemasons New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the organisation
Internationally, Freemasonry is one of the world's oldest and largest fraternal organisations. An organisation of men who adopt the fundamental principle of integrity, goodwill and charity as the foundations for an individual's life and character.
A non-profit organisation that is heavily involved in supporting charity and community service.
Comprised of men of good character with high ideals and worthwhile values who make a difference in the community.
Freemasons New Zealand is a tax-paying operation, whereas its sister institution, The Freemasons Charity, is a registered charity and functions in the not-for-profit sector. Currently the two entities share facilities in the National Office.
About the role
This is a newly created position.
Freemasons New Zealand has finalised it new Strategic Direction 2019 - 2023 we are now looking for a General Manager to bring this direction to life.
The General Manager will lead our National Office Team comprising of;
- Marketing and Communications
delivering on our commitments to our membership, focusing on achieving the goals outlined in our new Strategic Direction.
You will also be the key relationship holder supporting our Charity, Board and Trustees.
We are looking for an experienced and highly driven person.
To be considered for this role you should have 5+ years' experience in leading a charitable membership based 'not for profit' organisation, a proven ability to manage the financial pressures of a volunteer organisation, and an ability to adapt processes in light of a changing environment.
This role is based in Wellington, remote management will not be considered.
Benefits and perks
Carpark and laptop provided.
Mobile phone allowance.
Office located 10 minutes from Central Wellington City
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have organisational skills to efficiently administer a charitable national organisation, motivational skills to inspire our National Office, Lodges and their communities, entrepreneurial skills to devise plans and processes to build the financial strength of the organisation within New Zealand and then to successfully implement those plans and processes, and communication skills to effectively inform our members.
To be successful in this role you will have: -
- An established track record working with charitable / membership based organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in membership, marketing and communications or a business-related field.
- Experience operating in a senior management position in a complex charitable / not for profit organisation, with a Governance Board and where most of the work is done by volunteers.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in business development and ability to build strong relationships
- Strong organisational skills and a demonstrated capacity to manage project work
- A demonstrated capacity to manage their own time and the available resources efficiently and effectively.
- An understanding of strategic and financial management.
- A strong teamwork ethic and collaborative working style.
Freemasons New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We would also encourage you to visit:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?