Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Advertiser: CodeBlue LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
In order to be considered, you must be living in NZ now, hold NZ Permanent Residency, full NZ work permit or a NZ citizen (no exceptions)
CodeBlue is a leading nationwide IT managed service provider, focused on delivering high quality outcomes to our loyal & ever growing client base. Our philosophy is simple, to deliver exceptional customer service to our clients before everything else & to help them enable their own business strategy through aligned IT investment.
CodeBlue's vision is to be New Zealand's leading provider of proactive monitoring & IT infrastructure services, helping our clients both to reduce their IT costs & improve service levels, reliability & the security of their IT infrastructure.
At CodeBlue we invest in our people. You will always have the opportunity to make your contribution to our growth. We do not have a hierarchical structure – you will be part of a talented team that works well together, both locally & nationally.
We are recruiting a Chief Technology Officer in our Auckland office.
The Role - This is an incredible opportunity for a seasoned CTO, who is skilled in driving change, introducing new technologies & solutions, technically exceptional, highly regarded leadership & influencing qualities & thrives in a family friendly environment. This role will attract the attention of a CTO that is always looking to make improvements internally & externally (for CodeBlue & for our customer solutions), in order for CodeBlue to continue to be a preferred Managed Service Provider of choice. You will have the opportunity to shape the role (alongside Snr Executive team), to make positive changes, introduce new technologies & drive solutions & applications forwards, both internally & externally. You will drive new technology offerings for our customers.
As CTO, you will encourage innovation & introduce new initiatives to drive continuous improvement across the CodeBlue business. Proactively plan & drive implementation of CodeBlue's technology roadmap to support our key strategic goals. Ownership of CodeBlue's infrastructure platforms, applications & tools. Drive selection & adoption of new technologies through CodeBlue's Solutions Verticals, developing these into profitable CodeBlue services.
You will manage the Product Manager(s). You will be responsible for all internal systems & applications, initially understand our current systems & applications, intuitively know what we need to change, invest in & why, & how upgrading/making changes will positively impact our business & our customers. You will very quickly ascertain (a) how it looks today (b) what you/we need to achieve (c) what you need to do to achieve the business initiatives & goals. Following initial evaluation & implementation, you will then move towards a BAU CTO function, but not as you know it.... You will always be researching, recommending & implementing improved services to customers, as we never anticipate our job is done.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE (mandatory)
- Demonstrated success as a CTO or similar, with all the accountability we have highlighted.
- Skilled in change management (from a technology & solution perspective)
- Exceptional leadership qualities, (in managing a team, managing projects, uncover-assess-recommend-implement new solutions internally & with customers
- Forward thinking, not status quo approach
- Ideally prior experience within a relevant service provider or integrator capacity or other large complex environment
Leadership: Proactively engage with customers, partners & staff to ensure they understand & experience our service delivery objectives & we obtain their feedback & suggestions of continuous improvement
Internal IT Strategy & Support: Develop IT strategy & roadmap to deliver business solutions that support our strategy including: Architectures/Infrastructure of server environment, business applications & tools, process Improvements, policy, capital Planning & Investment, performance & Results Based Management, alignment to our security strategy as defined by the Head of Information Security, perform quarterly roadmap reviews & annual updates of the CodeBlue roadmap to the CodeBlue Leadership Team.
Create a disaster recovery strategy for CodeBlue, present tactical & strategic options for ensuring business continuity, under direction of the COO, work with CSG to identify & facilitate any integration projects.
Managed Service options: Drive the development of existing CodeBlue offerings (excluding the Sleep Easy Service Options) to enable continuous improvement. Develop new solutions that are complementary to our existing Managed Service offerings. Ensure these solutions are implemented into The CodeBlue Way complete with presales & sales collateral.
Solution Verticals: Engage with SV sponsors to drive selection & adoption of new technologies through CodeBlue's Solutions Verticals. Engage with branch Managers to ensure national skills are best utilised.
Vendor Management: For our business systems: ownership of relationships with key partners. For our customer-facing products & solutions: develop trusted relationships with key business partners including distribution channels, key vendors & 3rd party solution providers, ensuring all documentation/agreements are in place.
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience at a senior level in information management & systems environments
- Successful management & delivery of major projects
- Broad experience & technical knowledge of IT network infrastructures, operating systems & software including: Windows systems. Microsoft. Database design, development, & enhancement within either the Oracle DBMS or the MS SQL Server DBMS. System Integration. Business or Systems Analysis. Ability to define application architectures in large, complex environments. Analytical/problem solving skills. Excellent customer relationship building skills. Exceptional English written & verbal communication skills. Exceptional accuracy & attention to detail. Excellent organisation & time management skills. Positive attitude, team player, strong people & customer service orientation, strong continuous improvement orientation. Tireless interest in emerging technologies, strong continuous improvement orientation, excellent analytical problem solving skills. Proactive by nature, self-starter, highly effective planning ability, tenacity to achieve results, thrives on challenge, high professional standards, including personal presentation.
So what are we looking for in you? In essence, a track record of delivering excellent results & the attitude that has taken you to this! Your personality is important (can you laugh at yourself, & still maintain a strong level of professionalism?). Your business & technical skills are vital.
We offer a generous salary plus health insurance for NZ residents & NZ citizens, ongoing training & potential support towards certifications & other benefits. We are proud of the company culture we have built & care about our people
Please email your fully updated cv & provide a detailed synopsis of your experience directly related to the role to: Sally.firstname.lastname@example.org M: 022 308 4259
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role where you had team and or line management responsibility?