Hospitality Tutor - Maternity Leave Cover (Christchurch)
Advertiser: Aspire2 InternationalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Tertiary
Aspire2 International is looking for an outstanding Hospitality Tutor to cover Maternity leave. This is a Part Time (25 hours) Maternity Leave position starting in April.
This role reports to the Christchurch Hospitality Programme Leader, teaching courses on the Level 6 Hospitality Management Diploma programmes and provide administration and student support.
Our ideal candidate is currently, or has recently, worked in Hospitality and taught to at least Level 6 Hospitality. You will bring with you a high level of teaching skills and practical knowledge of working in the service industries to enhance and expand the students learning experience. You will be responsible for reviewing current teaching materials, and developing and delivering new course materials. You will also be asked to review and develop assessment instruments in line with current NZ qualification frameworks to ensure we have the highest standards.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant Qualification at degree level or higher.
- Relevant work experience in New Zealand for a minimum of 1 year.
- Previous experience as a tutor/lecturer will be preferred.
- Proven track record of working with and engaging students in and outside of the classroom.
- Strong research and academic skills.
A strong candidate will inspire students, have sound proven knowledge of their subject and industry and enjoy the rewards of teaching students of a multicultural background. You will bring a positive and energetic approach to problem solving, with a strong work ethic; adherence to time frames and highly organised.
Note that applicants must have the right to work in NZ at the time of application.
If you wish to apply, please click “Apply for this job” attaching your current c.v. and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role.
If you would like a job description please contact me direct at email@example.com
Aspire2 International is New Zealand’s largest private provider of education and training to international students with around 4,000 students coming to study with us each year. We attract great students from around the world who come to study in our safe, inclusive environment with our expert teachers and friendly support staff.
Our vision is to create great future opportunities for our staff and students, we are committed to the ongoing development of our people and proud of our strong culture of innovation, courage and excellence.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- How many years' experience do you have as a tutor?