Advertiser: Farra EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Management
About the business
Farra Engineering Ltd is a South Island based, diversified engineering company that provides engineering solutions and services to a wide range of local and international customers. Farra's strength lies in its experience, solid reputation, breadth of operations, technical and management skills.
About the role
Farra is looking for a production manager to lead the Christchurch engineering team. Farra's Christchurch operation specializes in light fabrication, sheetmetal cutting and forming, powder coating and site installation works.
This role will be based at Farra's Christchurch manufacturing site and offers you a great opportunity to grow and develop. Motivation and a willingness to embrace new learnings is a must.
The role will involve:
- Leading and managing a team of trade engineers.
- Production planning and resource allocation to meet customer expectations.
- Managing workforce requirements.
- Ensuring safety and well-being of all staff.
- Advice to support sales quotations.
- Driving engineering excellence within the business.
- Monitoring capacity and utilisation gaps.
- Maintaining a high-quality operational environment.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Computer skills in spreadsheets and CAD Solid Edge or similar.
- Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems such as M1
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple tasks
- Experience with competitive manufacturing tools and systems
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively within a team.
Remuneration will be based on your experience and what you can bring to the team.
In accordance with our Company's Drug and Alcohol Policy, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.