Assistant Accountant - Orakei Marine
Advertiser: Orakei Management LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Orakei Marine currently has a job opportunity for an Accounts Assistant, supporting the Finance Manager with accounting and administration for two dynamic marine companies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised person either a recent graduate or someone with 3 years of accounting experience.
Orakei Marine is a reputable marina management, marine services and boat sales company based at the scenic location of Orakei Marina, Auckland – our floating office and workshops are located right on the water with the superyachts!
With over 20 staff we are involved in a multitude of work types, offering employees a range of opportunities to pursue their careers and grow.
The key duties include;
- Managing and prioritising accounts department work including emails and follow-up communications.
- Data entry for preparation of monthly accounts.
- Preparation and input of debtors.
- Recording of payments from debtors
- Creditors invoices input for payment and credited to ledger
- Monthly summary of creditor payments for review by Finance Manager
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of asset accounts
- Contact boat owners for insurance, EWOF and tags on shore power leads
- Update pricing for new boats
- Maintaining Marina Management database "Pacsoft NG"
- Experience with MYOB, Xero and Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- BCom (or similar) majoring in Accounting
We have a great team culture here at Orakei Marine, with regular social events. If you are interested please apply now with a CV and cover letting outlining your experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?