PART TIME ACCOUNTANT - FIXED TERM
Advertiser: VetoraMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Waikato, Rest of Waikato
- Work Type
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Vetora Waikato is a farmer owned vet club practice, servicing the Waikato region from our five local vet clinics for over 75 years, and providing a comprehensive range of veterinary products and services.
We have experienced rapid growth in the past two years, and have created a new position to focus on financial management, reporting and analysis.
We are looking for a part time Accountant to fill this position. We envisage approx. 20 hours per week, with flexibility to work around what suits you. This is initially a fixed term role to assess and develop our requirements, but potentially could become permanent.
This position is based in Te Awamutu.
This is a hands on role where you will provide accurate and timely financial statements to ensure effective financial control and meet compliance obligations. In addition to this you will present data and provide analysis and recommendations relating to management initiatives.
- Monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Profit and Loss / KPI reporting
- General ledger and balance sheet reconciliations
- Fortnightly payroll
- Cashflow management and forecasting
- Manage client debt
- Ensure Vetora meets financial tax obligations
- Develop opportunities for improvement of financial reporting
- Ad hoc financial reports and analysis
- CA qualified
- 3+ years experience in similar role
- Self starter who can look at current processes and reports and take them to the next level
- Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers and how they impact financial performance
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel literacy. Some exposure to Power BI or other business intelligence systems would be an advantage.
Please include cover letter and cv in your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?