Library Contact OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Library Services & Information Management
We are an Australian private education group, currently on the final stages of setting up a Private Training Establishment (PTE) in New Zealand. We are a frontrunner in international education and partner to three prestigious universities in Australia. We pride ourselves in providing a pathway for international students seeking higher education in some of the most liveable and culturally diverse cities in the world!
We offer a range of degrees that are delivered in a personalized and practical learning environment with a strong focus on global industry connections. Our students graduate with the skills, knowledge and relevant industry experience necessary to make a significant impact on the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Library Contact Officer. A key requirement for this role is to ensure all Library resources are up to date/relevant and easily accessible. It is paramount to deliver exceptional customer service to students and staff ensuring the smooth running of the library. The Library Contact Officer will be available to guide students on matters of referencing, researching and writing styles.
Essential skills and experience we are looking for:
- Providing excellent customer service to students and staff
- Ability to work cross-culturally and with people at all levels
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and respond to student needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, including securing of student records
- Educational and academic background with secure library skills
- Prior experience working in the tertiary or related sector
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid work rights for NZ
We will offer you:
- Immersion in our innovative way of facilitating adult learning
- Great experience working with learners from diverse countries
- A fun, productive, innovative and uplifting working environment, right in the heart of Auckland CBD
If you think this sounds like you, please apply via the apply now link.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?