ICT Trainer - Christchurch
Advertiser: Aspire2 InternationalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Tertiary
Aspire2 International is looking for an outstanding ICT Trainer to deliver courses in Computer programming. This is a full-time position starting on 15th April 2019.
As an ICT Trainer you will:
- Plan, prepare and deliver in class teaching or equivalent academic activity per week in areas allocated and reviewed by the Academic Manager.
- Update and deliver assessment instruments as per assessment guidelines ensuring assessment policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that high levels of academic quality and integrity are maintained.
- Evaluate and review existing course material on a regular basis ensuring currency of contents and industry applicability.
- Engage in the development of new courses and programmes.
- Engage in professional development activities ensuring currency of knowledge and skills on a regular basis.
- Participate in the administration and support activities of the department.
- Effectively and efficiently execute the responsibilities as an ICT Trainer.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues and members of other departments of the Institute in various activities.
- Ensure that Aspire2 International Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Comply with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002.
- Support co-curricular activities of the Institute.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet the following criteria:
- Preferred qualification, experience or certification related to
- C#, JAVA, MYSQL
- Application and Databases Design and Development Fundamentals
- Previous experience as a tutor/lecturer will be preferred.
- Proven track record of working with and engaging students in and outside of the classroom.
You would be highly regarded for this role if you can demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Highly effective communicator.
- Strong empathy for the needs of international students.
- Be able to monitor, guide and motivate students in the course of their studies.
- Strong team player.
- Creative, flexible and a good problem-solver.
- Optimistic and resourceful.
A strong candidate will inspire students, have sound proven knowledge of their subject and industry and enjoy the rewards of teaching students of a multicultural background. You will bring a positive and energetic approach to problem solving, with a strong work ethic; adherence to time frames and highly organised.
Note that applicants must have the right to take on a permanent role in NZ at the time of application.
If you wish to apply, please click “Apply for this job” attaching your current c.v. and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role.
If you would like a job description please contact me at Stuart.Murray@aspire2.ac.nz.
Aspire2 International is New Zealand’s largest private provider of education and training to international students with around 4,000 students coming to study with us each year. We attract great students from around the world who come to study in our safe, inclusive environment with our expert teachers and friendly support staff.
Our vision is to create great future opportunities for our staff and students, we are committed to the ongoing development of our people and proud of our strong culture of innovation, courage and excellence.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- How many years' experience do you have as a tutor?