Business Tutor - Christchurch
Advertiser: Aspire2 InternationalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Tertiary
Aspire2 International is looking for an outstanding full time Business Tutor.
The role of the Business Tutor is to teach across the business programmes. This full time role will require you to provide administration and student support, and engage in other activities carried out by the institute as and when required.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant Business Qualification at degree level or higher.
- Relevant work experience in New Zealand for a minimum of 1 year.
- Previous experience as a tutor/lecturer will be preferred.
- Proven track record of working with and engaging students in and outside of the classroom.
- Strong research and academic skills.
The working 40 hours across Monday to Friday and may include Saturdays depending on subject, faculty and timetabling.
You would be highly regarded for this role if you can demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Qualification-related to Business.
- Experience in Moderation processes.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Strong empathy for the needs of international students.
- Be able to monitor, guide and motivate students in the course of their studies.
- Strong team player.
- Creative, flexible and a good problem-solver.
- Optimistic and resourceful.
A strong candidate will inspire students, have sound proven knowledge of their subject and industry and enjoy the rewards of teaching students of a multicultural background. You will also have knowledge and experience of the moderation processes. You will bring a positive and energetic approach to problem solving, with a strong work ethic; adherence to time frames and highly organised.
Note that applicants must have the right to take on a permanent role in NZ at the time of application.
If you wish to apply, please click “Apply for this job” attaching your current c.v. and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role.
Applications close: 5th April 2019
If you would like a job description please contact me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire2 International is New Zealand’s largest private provider of education and training to international students with around 4,000 students coming to study with us each year. We attract great students from around the world who come to study in our safe, inclusive environment with our expert teachers and friendly support staff.
Our vision is to create great future opportunities for our staff and students, we are committed to the ongoing development of our people and proud of our strong culture of innovation, courage and excellence.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a tutor?