Advertiser: Liverton LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
1.0 Company Overview
Liverton Technology Group is a fast-growing New Zealand owned and operated technology company who produce innovative and modern software products for the local and international markets. Liverton specialises in product-based solutions for large scale enterprise clients.
Product and business divisions include Software security, Networking, Automation and Self-service kiosks, Distribution of Assa Abloy door locking systems and a new start-up, Wayver, focusing on cashless payments for music festivals and expos. Perks of the role include access to festivals for some of the biggest international acts, and is a fast paced and exciting role.
Clients include some of the largest brands in the world. The business is a fast paced, growing business, that operates in some fun and exciting sectors.
2.0 Role Overview
Accounting Administration Manager will provide and manage all areas of the accounting function including coding Xero transactions, updating chart of accounts, producing profit and loss statements, PAYE management, managing & reconciling bank account, management reporting, invoicing, payroll, tax compliance and payments, cashflow forecasting with assistance from other admin staff. The role may include operational management of other administrative staff, and implementing new workflow systems.
The role will also involve some administration function for the Liverton CEO.
3.0 Technical Skills
The role is wide-ranging and will include tasks such as:
- Transaction coding, data entry, processing purchase orders and payables;
- Managing international payments and multi-currency;
- Managing corporation registrations, requirements and filings in NZ, Australia and Asia;
- Assisting with creditor and debtor management;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations;
- preparing payroll;
- Preparing PAYE & GST returns, and filing with IRD;
- Assisting with tax compliance;
- Creating end of month Journals;
- Preparing monthly management reports;
- Assisting and supporting in the preparation of annual financial statements;
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
Knowledge, and experience working with Xero is a requirement of the role.
4.0 General Job Requirements
Accounting administration Manager will be required to perform other duties over and above core development responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sales and Marketing assistance;
- Supplier negotiation or assistance;
- Input into the strategic planning of the business;
- General office operational activities;
- Keeping the workplace and computer room tidy
- Taking care of general office functions
- Other duties as requests by the management team;
- At least three years' experience working in an admin and finance role, with at least 6 months experience working with Xero;
- A formal accountant qualification is preferred but not essential
- Any other qualifications that demonstrate an interest in self-improvement.
6.0 Personal Attributes
- Ability to work within a team environment. Evidence of this would be prior experience of having been part of a successful team.
- Good communication skills. Evidence of this would be successful publications, production of well written proposals/reports etc.
- A commitment to high quality products and services, and to high ethical standards. Evidence of this commitment would be the standards achieved in previous positions.
- Technical skills. Evidence of this would be the type of work performed in previous positions.
- Good time management skills. Evidence of this would be the ability to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?