Advertiser: Goodstays LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Goodstays manages and leases rental holiday accommodation for short-medium term in the Southern Lakes area with 80+ Goodstays Holiday Homes in the Queenstown portfolio, as well as the Goodstays Wanaka portfolio, Queenstown Accommodation Centre & Accommodation Wanaka portfolios.
We currently have a position in our Queenstown based office. The Guest Services position is primarily responsible for managing the guest and owner relationships to ensure that both experience outstanding service from Goodstays. This includes reviewing the customer experience, liaising with guests and owners and ensuring that the properties are up to required standards.
We are looking for an experienced Guest Service Agent to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation. The goal is to keep the departments running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention and to meet guest expectations.
As the Guest Service Agent, your most important role is leading and motivating our team of staff to ensure they’re giving the best customer service possible. You’ll also be expected to know the company’s properties and policies inside out and be able to communicate it to other members of staff.
We’re looking for someone who will set a clear mission for our guest experience to facilitate Goodstay's guest service policies and procedures to create engaged guests facilitating organic growth of the business.
Good communication skills are a must-have in this job. You need to be able to motivate, inspire and generally lead a team of people, as well as dealing with any customer enquiries that head your way day or night, we expect you to be answering the phone. Being decisive and quick thinking are key traits that our guest services agents need to have.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our Guest Service team contact Goodstay's.
The primary duties will include:
Actively assisting the operations of the Guest Services Department
Demonstrate a service-oriented attitude and the outstanding guest service skills expected of all Guest Service team members
Creates and implements policies and procedures to maintain high-quality service
Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company
Demonstrate world-class customer service.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, skill and ability
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of housekeeping and booking processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service 3 years minimum.
- Capable of using independent judgement/solid decision-making skills ability.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates and clientele both inside and outside of the organisation.
- A full driving license
- Must live in the Southern Lakes and be able to travel on occasion depending on work schedules
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases) experience with escapia reservation system or similar front house programme preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other languages is beneficial.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and public holidays.