Advertiser: Taranaki Civil Construction LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
Taranaki Civil Construction Ltd is a family owned and operated civil construction company based at Tarata Road, Inglewood our work can range from local authority related and private roading contracts, large earthworks, commercial and civil drainage projects, residential and commercial siteworks and large subdivisions.
We currently require a flexible self-motivated Operations Manager to assist with our current forward workload and upcoming opportunities. The main objective of the position is to ensure effective management of programming and resourcing of plant, equipment and labour for all company projects.
- Plan, organise and manage workflow, people and assets to maximise efficiency and profitability
- Maintaining clear communication with key stakeholders, clients and their representatives
- Provide leadership, motivation and manage resources on a daily basis
- Liaising with Directors and Contract Managers in the coordination of the companies work programme
- Maintaining high levels of health, safety and quality throughout all projects and exceed client expectations.
- Employee motivation
- Review and approval responsibility for all operation staff timesheets and relevant paperwork.
- Review and approval of operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Communicate customer issues with the management team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- In charge of employee duties and responsibilities and how their performance influences projects
- Tracking and measuring staff performance
- Be available to take calls after normal office hours
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or managing work crews in a commercial environment
- Proven construction industry experience
- A strong focus on Health, Safety and Quality
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Resilience with the ability to adapt well to a high-pressured changeable environment
- A clean full class 1 licence as a minimum, class 2 to 5 and W, T, R would be an advantage
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Effective people management – including good listening, motivation and communication skills
- External and Internal client communication
The following skills would be an advantage
- Previous experience with bitumen spraying and paving equipment
- Previous experience in the operation of crushing and screening plants
- Previous experience with EROAD or other web-based fleet management systems
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package including a company vehicle.
As part of Taranaki Civil Construction Ltd.’s commitment to health and safety the successful applicant would be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test.
If a positive privately owned customer focused environment is what you are after and you are a competent, dedicated and a team player looking for a challenge to work with a company that has a reputation for looking after its people, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to PO Box 108, Inglewood 4347
All applicants will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
Applications close Friday 22nd March 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?