Clubs' Development Coordinator
Advertiser: MAWSA – Massey at Wellington Students’ AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Volunteer Coordination & Support
Help cultivate an engaging, vibrant, dynamic and inclusive environment for students.
- Be a key part of the student experience team on campus.
- Work alongside students to create a deeper sense of community.
- Develop processes that empower students to get involved with the things they’re passionate about.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our team based on Massey University’s Wellington Campus. You will be responsible for the development and administration of student-led clubs, societies and cultural groups and will work alongside our Student Experience Coordinator to deliver a range of community-building events and activities.
You will invest heavily in building constructive relationships with staff and students from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and work towards growing the number of clubs operating and increasing student participation. You will have initiative and be able to direct your own work, while also contributing to projects as part of a team.
- Passionate about student engagement
- Confident, outgoing and approachable
- Able to develop and motivate students
- Good understanding of student culture and student needs
- Adaptable and good at solving problems
- Proficient with Office365
- Able to work within and maintain budgets
- Excellent communication
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Keen eye for improving systems and processes.
- Understanding of risk management processes
If you have experience in the tertiary sector, event management, volunteer coordination, community development or sports and recreation, you may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
Knowledge of sound and production equipment, IT systems, and/or a full drivers licence would also be an advantage.
Massey at Wellington Student’s Association (MAWSA) is run by students, for students. Our mission is to represent, advocate and provide services for the present and future students of Massey Wellington. Our vision is to be the centre of the student experience at Massey Wellington, contributing to and cultivating an engaging, vibrant, dynamic and inclusive culture on campus. Our small team is high-energy, collaborative and focused on student wellbeing. Students keep us on our toes, and no two days are ever the same! We enjoy strong, positive relationships with University staff and are excited to welcome the right candidate to the team.
If this sounds like you, apply via seek by 5pm Tuesday 26th March, or email email@example.com for a copy of the job description.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?