Systems Administrator / Engineer
Advertiser: Telco Technology ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Systems Administrator / Engineer
Telco Technology Services is NZ's largest provider of trusted advice and technology, ICT hardware, service & support for primary & secondary schools.
We believe in aligning our services with what our customers want, providing guidance when necessary but ensuring that technology is used to improve the business requirements of each organisation. For our education customers, this is ensuring that the learning outcomes of the students benefit from the technology services we implement, and that the teaching and support staff use technology effectively and easily in their day to day work. For our corporate customers, we ensure that all systems are running efficiently and that strategic goals of the business are achieved through the implementation of technology.
To meet these expectations of our customers, we require expert staff who are both talented technically but also have a thirst for accomplishment and ensuring the success of any system or service we provide to our customers. This can range from day-to-day maintenance networking and server environments to client device support. Our engineers are supported in attaining current industry certifications to supplement the ever-changing technology landscape and we expect all our team to grow their own knowledge and skills across a broad range of technologies to ensure that their understanding is current.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer-related issues when contacted by clients by providing both on-site and remote support
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related to the network to ensure availability of services to authorised users.
- Any other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organisational skills required
- Knowledge of Windows servers, desktops, anti-virus, VoIP, WAN, gateway technologies and other various software applications
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner - both written and verbally
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently. High attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a potentially high stress environment
- Respond to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Clear spoken English is a must
This role is a part time position of 20 hours a week for 50 weeks.
Please apply for this role via seek.
Candidates must be in New Zealand and available for interviews to apply for this role.
Candidates must have a working visa or residency to apply for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?