Sales / Procurement Support Assistant
Advertiser: New Era IT LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Sales - Pre & Post
We are on the hunt for a Sales/Procurement Support Assistant who thrives in an ever-changing environment where two days are never the same.
About the role:
You will ensure that the process from quote through to invoice is managed accurately and systematically in a timely manner.
You will be tracking orders, confirming system lead times, delivery dates and costs.
As you will be our sales team "go-to-person" collating and reporting procurement and sales data, advanced Excel skills are an absolute must.
You will be responsible for liaising with multiple internal teams to provide the ultimate customer experience. Assisting finance staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies will be a part of the role, so ability to communicate with non-technical people is necessary.
Liaising with technical team to understand any technical issues and working with Client Managers, Vendors and Distributors accordingly to provide the correct solution for our clients' needs, will allow you to develop a deep understanding of the hardware and software that will keep you intellectually challenged. However, quick web browsing and product surfing are also a must, as sometimes you may not know the right answer, but you're the type of person who is ready for the challenge and can work quickly with the resources available online.
- Customer service champion with superb listening skills
- Incredible communication (both written and verbal) along with great interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous 2 years' experience within the ICT sector under your belt
- Solid understanding of margins, exchange rates, product licensing knowledge
- Ability to network, build sustainable relationships and collaborate with other team members to achieve results
- Happy to go the extra mile to support the team
- Proven self-starter who can work without supervision (we don't micromanage)
- Can effectively prioritise and juggle multiple tasks at a time
You will enjoy:
- A friendly team environment
- Broad range of options for training and developing your skills
- Active social teams outside the office
- Snacks, beer and wine for a happy hour on Fridays
- Annual company ski-trips to Ohakune
- Cost price on products from our suppliers
New Era is New Zealand's largest education focused IT company, with a nationwide footprint and part of a global group of education IT companies. We specialise in supporting and implementing large computer networks as well as delivering 'cutting edge technology' solutions. At New Era IT we value the input from each individual and actively promote innovative thinking and positive input. To know more, visit us online www.newerait.co.nz
Don't miss out on this great opportunity – Apply now!
Applications close Wednesday, 10 April 2019.
Please include a cover letter saying why you would be the perfect fit and attach a copy of your recent CV.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand should apply for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have technical pre-sales experience?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?