Advertiser: First Gas LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
First Gas Limited is a $1.6 billion business which was incorporated in April 2016. We own and operate New Zealand’s Gas Transmission system, which transports high pressure natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island, through 2,200 kilometres of high pressure gas pipelines. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas’s extensive network of gas distribution pipelines supplies gas to more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand’s economy. First Gas has a clear growth strategy through increasing our Distribution assets, and maximising the use of our transmission networks and the revenue earned from these assets.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce which reflects New Zealand’s society, to create a culture which supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately continue to evolve and grow as a business.
First Gas is committed to fostering a work environment which provides a balance between your work and lifestyle, along with a focus of continuous improvement and development.
The fixed term role is based in New Plymouth reporting to the Group Finance Manager. You will be responsible for monthly statutory and regulatory reporting, lender compliance, treasury settlement and taxation. The role will be for 14 months to cover maternity leave.
The role will be responsible for:
- Interim & annual financial statements for the First Gas group
- Compilation accounting information for Information Disclosure for First Gas’s two regulated network businesses
- Lender compliance reporting
- Statistical returns
- Ensure new accounting standards are assessed and implemented
- Ensure revenue across the group is accurately recorded
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Treasury accounting, administration and reporting. Ensuring treasury transactions comply with policy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following skills and experience:
- Experience working as an accountant with a strong analytical background in a large corporate, commercial organisation.
- Experience with developing robust financial reporting and management frameworks
- Proven strengths in financial analysis, modelling and interpretation
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, including adaptability and openness to change
- Experience in leading staff, including providing motivation and coaching
As a qualified CA/CPA or equivalent, you will demonstrate sound knowledge of accounting principles and standards in a large commercial environment. Previous Microsoft NAV and advanced Excel spreadsheet experience will ensure you hit the ground running in this dynamic organisation.
If this sounds like a role for you then please apply online
Applications Close: 26-March-2019