Advertiser: Mangere Community Law CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Other
Case Manager - Mangere Community Law Centre
As a Case Manager at Mangere Community Law Centre you will be supporting our talented legal team’s Immigration Advisor and the Centre’s Manager.
Mangere is a diverse and rapidly growing community in Auckland. At Mangere Community Law Centre our vision is to empower others by ensuring access to justice through our community advocacy services and private law firm.
We are seeking to employ a part-time Case Manager to provide case management support to our Immigration Advisor and administrative support for the centre’s Manager. The role has the potential to become a full time role. We are looking for a person who has the following skills and qualities –
- A legal background with a strong interest in social justice and proven ability to work cross-culturally.
- Experience volunteering or working in community roles in South Auckland.
- A team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly organised, motivated person with proven administrative experience in support roles.
- Excellent word processing skills, proficient with the MS Office software package and digitally savvy.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- A team player
- Thrives on developing and implementing efficient work practices and systems.
- Has experience in immigration matters – preferred but not essential
- Ability to speak Te Reo Maori or a Pacific Island language fluently would be advantageous but not necessary for the role
- Position may suit a law student or graduate seeking flexible hours
The successful applicant will be part of a team that values providing an excellent standard of advocacy and legal services to the community. Mangere Community Law Centre provides a fun, inspiring and supportive environment for staff to grow and develop. The role is varied and rewarding with capacity for career progression for the right person.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on the level of experience.
Please include a cover letter with your full CV when applying. Applications close on Friday 29th March 2019 and may be sent by post or email (in confidence) to:
The Manager, Mangere Community Law Centre, P.O. Box 43-201, Mangere, Auckland 2153
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org