Advertiser: Smythe Contractors LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Waikato, Rest of Waikato
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Smythe Contractors LTD are a leading Engineering company based in the Waikato, specializing in Civil Construction works, including directional drilling, pipe installation, civil and drainage work.
We are looking to expand our Drilling teams with multiple Labourer positions on offer. Training will be provided for Labourers that have not worked in a drilling environment, with supportive guidance, training and on the job experience.
These positions are for immediate start and will report to the Drill Supervisor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist and support the Supervisor, Drill Operator, and Locator with the horizontal directional drill and drilling activities in accordance with blueprints and designated plans
- Able to follow safety policies and procedures and demonstrate a high regard for doing things right first time
- Provide safe traffic management support that coincides with site safety requirements
- Assist with equipment set up and pack down, ensuring construction site is properly prepared and cleaned-up
- Manual digging, pulling of pipes/cables/fibers and other relative tasks relating to trench work and drilling activities
- Working in tight spaces and conducting physically demanding manual tasks on site
The ideal candidate will have:
- Essential to this position is a full driver licence to get to and from head office and various sites
- Ability to work away from time to time for various projects around the North Island
- Construction experience in civil construction
- Preferable Truck licence class 4,5,6
- Preferable Certificates in First Aid Certificate including CPR and Traffic Control
All successful candidates must be willing to undergo regular and random drug testing. Smythe Contractors LTD have a zero drug and alcohol policy.
- Industry experts and award-winning team
- Stable work force with low employee turnover
- Supervisors that will share their knowledge and experience to help promote your own career goals
- Internal and external training to help you develop professionally
- A culture that supports each other and holds safety in high regard as well as quality service
- Competitive hourly rates depending on skill and experience with stable hours (Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays, 10hour shifts)
Please submit CV and cover letter.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?