Chemistry Laboratory Technician
Advertiser: NZ Leather and Shoe ResearchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Manawatu, Palmerston North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
LASRA has monitored, steered and provided innovative research outputs to the NZ hide and skin processing industry for over 68 years. LASRA is the only leather research institute in Australasia, and one of only 20 world-wide. LASRA's vision is to provide world-class innovation in leather/collagen science and technology to support a vibrant New Zealand leather manufacturing industry and secure its enduring success. LASRA’s key focus areas are research and innovation, testing and problem solving, training and technology transfer, leadership and advocacy. LASRA is an IANZ accredited laboratory which provides specialized chemical and physical testing services to the hide and skin processing industry.
We are looking for a chemistry laboratory technician to join our small but dynamic chemical testing team at New Zealand Leather & Shoe Research Association Inc. (LASRA®), in Palmerston North. The ideal candidate will have a strong multi-tasking ability, good communication and written skills, and be familiar with a range of analytical instruments. The successful applicant will be highly motivated, with methodical and accurate work habits and must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a chemistry qualification (BSc., NZCS, NZDipSci).
- Have good computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Have working knowledge of quality systems.
- Additional training for this role will be provided as needed.
- MUST have a valid NZ work permit
The position is on a permanent, full-time basis and remuneration will be based on experience. If you are a highly motivated, dedicated technician with the required background, apply now by sending a cover letter and your CV by 5 pm, 12th of April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (closing date may be subject to change without notification).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?