Area Sales Manager - South IslandPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
A reputable FMCG business with strong brand portfolio is seeking for an experienced Area Sales Manager to ensure successful implementation of strategic plans, activities and relationships for key stores, including the direct supervision and oversight of dedicated merchandising resources within budget. In addition, assist, educate, motivate and monitor the 3rd party sales force, pursue profitable business development opportunities and contribute to the development and execution of account plans across all applicable channels and customers.
You will also assist the Account Management team in relation to opportunity and threat identification, admin, and face to face communication with buying teams as well as the ability to contribute to Vendor Managed Inventory processes depending on requirement.
- Achieve targeted sales and share of shelf targets in nominated stores within allocated display co-op and general expense budgets
- Monitor and work collaboratively with 3rd party representatives to ensure execution of store level objectives across all banners including selling period objectives, store specific development plans and store business reviews
- Actively manage dedicated merchandising resources within budget
- Directly plan and execute the sales, customer and account strategies within your area for specific key stores; monitor sales performance of all stores as well as banners within the South Island
- Routinely analyse data and store sales/activity/ranging/pricing/layout compliance in line with account deals and objectives
- Actively identify and pursue business development opportunities and execute plans for sales growth in line with company objectives
- Maintain a high level of category and market knowledge and closely monitor competitor activity as well as regular involvement and presentations as required to the broader commercial team
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement and Standard Operating Procedure development
Key Account Management
- Issues and Opportunity awareness through analysis of scan and VMI data to understand pricing, promotional and distribution trends for own and competitor brands.
- Participate in the development of Key Account Plans and attend customer meetings as required
- Face to face communication support with the buying teams when required (tactical/influence)
- Support with general administration including VMI work-bench analysis (store level), promotional planning inputs, creating deals/selling presenters, invoice management in conjunction with ESP deflator management (store level spend)
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) in a partial/supportive capacity or full ownership based on requirement
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite (including excel, word, powerpoint and outlook)
- Proficient in Aztec
- Critical thinking - problem solving, analysis, project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial business and financial acumen
- Proven ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships
- Influence for results
- Relevant Foodstuffs South Island FMCG and/or area management experience.