- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
NXP ( Net Xpress Procurement) is a Business products sourcing and distribution company. What this means is helping organisations find cost efficiencies through broad product sourcing and custom supply chain solutions.
About the role
Responsibility for the company's financial administration, in addition to transactional accounting duties.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist accounts receivable surrounding any accounting issues.
- Assist and lead accounts payable surrounding any accounting issues.
- Assist with accounting projects
- Prepare balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Assist with reviewing and mapping of expenses on a monthly basis.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Daily banking and general administration
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Liaising with external auditors
Benefits and perks
Office is located in HIGHBROOK, East Tamaki with a great view and ample free parking.
The office environment is open plan, and relaxed, with a strong focus on employee engagement and development.
The company has recently gone through a transition to become a 100% Kiwi owned business , and has moved all accounting functions to Auckland .
Skills and experience
The role will need someone who meets the business value of being fast and flexible, while still maintaining a high level of integrity .
They need to also show strength in our other values :
We're taking care of business.
We're owning it.
We're brave and we say it like it is
They will need experience working for a larger business ERP system as we work on SAP.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or another related field
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Advanced numeracy and analytical ability
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel
- Appetite to learn, grow and develop
- Ability to use initiative and solve complex problems
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?