Women's Rugby Development Officer/Women's High Performance Coordinator
Advertiser: Rugby Southland IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2019
- Southland, Invercargill
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Rugby Southland is one of New Zealand's leading rugby unions.
Our Community Rugby Team are dedicated to assist in retaining and building healthy relationships with all rugby clubs within Southland through the provision of advice, guidance, planning support and the development of strong club/school relationships in order to strengthen rugby within the region.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to fill this challenging position in our dynamic organisation.
The Women’s Rugby Development Officer/Women’s High Performance Coordinator will represent Rugby Southland (RS) to lead, promote, and develop rugby for women and secondary school players in Southland.
This role will lead and manage the women’s high performance development program in Southland and be the point of contact with New Zealand Rugby for the program.
This role will need to build relationships in secondary schools, including the delivery of rugby programs and coordination of competitions. The position will be directly responsible for the growth of female player registrations; with a focus on fostering new networks of referees, coaches, and administrators that wish to make a positive contribution to the game.
This role will work closely with the RS coach education program in terms of integrating schools and clubs, including the provision of resources related to skill development and game awareness. The successful candidate needs to not only have the ability to deliver practical sessions to players on the ground, but also inspire and influence others to come on a journey.
This role will involve building relationships in the Rugby Clubs and assisting the Clubs with the development of the Women’s game and working with the Clubs to review their programmes.
Knowledge and experience required:
- A background in rugby as a player, coach, or administrator
- A sound knowledge of high performance systems and developing a pathway for players
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development within coaching and training knowledge
- Sport & Recreation qualifications are preferable
- Sports Science qualification desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and relate to players, coaches, administrators, parents and educators
- A commitment to the welfare of young people in both rugby and life
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation, public speaking, report writing and computer literacy.
- Listen well to the needs of all key stakeholders with strong advocacy skills.
A position description is available on request : email@example.com
Expressions of interest are now being sought.
When applying please send a covering letter and CV through SEEK
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?