Scheme Underwriter - Auckland
Advertiser: Rothbury Insurance BrokersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
We are looking for an experienced Underwriter to join a new area of Business, help drive growth and change in an exciting new role.
Rothbury is the largest majority New Zealand owned insurance broking company. As Insurance Brokers we have the vast experience and knowledge to be able to identify potential exposures that individuals themselves might not understand and ensure they get appropriate protection.
We are a growing company which works to maintain its small business culture. This is a newly created role that allows for a new avenue of Business for us here at Rothbury. Supported by a really collaborative, supportive, engaging team, this role will ultimately see you providing specialised Insurance into the New Zealand market.
The purpose of this position is to underwrite all new and existing classes of business within set underwriting guidelines, authority level and service standards. You will be responsible for providing effective client service and Insurance support through all key aspects of the role, including:
- Underwriting new and existing business
- Quoting and binding of renewals and endorsements
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Brokers and partners
- Processing Insurance policies
- Increasing penetration of wholesale brokers utilising our products
- Identifying underwriting requirements to meet business needs
Our Ideal Candidate
Experience in the Insurance Industry in an Underwriting capacity is essential. Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 3 years Underwriting experience
- High level of customer/ client service
- Strong initiative and a self-started attitude
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- A strong understanding of Insurance market, policies and legislation
- A high level of computer literacy
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Underwriter looking to take the next step in their career and be part of a forward thinking company.
To register your interest in this role, please submit both your CV and covering letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years experience do you have as an Underwriter?