Director Story Producer Factual EntertainmentPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Full Time (40hrs+ per week)
We are an International Television production company specialising in the delivery of high-rating factual entertainment and scripted programming across multiple television networks & digital platforms. We pride ourselves on creating the very best content for New Zealand audiences, having delivered over 170 hours of primetime television over the last year with our in-house production, post-production and motion graphics teams.
Working as part of the Story Producing team, you’ll be responsible for capturing & recording content across several of our popular format shows out on the field. You will be directing crew & cast, ensuring the nature of performance is entertaining, and authentic. Reporting to the Senior Director, you will inform them of what you interpret to be the major stories out of the recorded footage, compiling a script that will contribute to the overall Episodic Script.
Key responsibilities include:
- Brief and direct the crew with what the objectives are for the shoot.
- Direct cast/talent (blocking).
- Interpret key storylines; shoot the story with a fresh angle appropriate to Programme Brief.
- Ensure the story has an appropriate/consistent look and feel matching the programme brief and agreed format.
- Direct crew during single and multi-cam setups.
- Building relationships & trust in the subjects/participants.
- Conduct interviews in concise and incisive manner focusing on story angle.
- Take notes during shooting of all major elements shot and mark off shooting script.
- Keep an accurate story script of what happens each day. i.e. ‘dailies”, noting that this is what is shot rather than what happened.
- Identify issues arising from the story of a business or legal type – Legal implications, potential conflicts of interest, potential “other parties”, accessing legal expertise.
- Compiling a shot list of clip data.
We’re looking for an individual who has heaps of creative talent paired with a passion for TV - particularly for factual entertainment. You will be a team player who can lead and direct the crew through various setups and on set challenges. You’ll enjoy working within a fast-paced environment and obtain the ability to think on your toes while ensuring that story is always at the forefront.
Being a part of the team is no easy task, it requires a high level of personal commitment - such as being flexible with work hours, including different shift patterns and also working weekends.
This is a creative role in which you are responsible for producing high quality television programming within budget and delivery deadlines, to the satisfaction of us - the production company, and the broadcasting network.
- Must have demonstrated ability to direct and lead a team on your own.
- At least 2 years’ experience with similar onset production processes and environment. Media related qualifications, preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Film/TV Production would be advantageous.
If you feel that you’re a good fit for what we’re looking for, please send us a CV & Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply here. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of digital production experience do you have?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?