Online Learning Facilitator - Small Business
Advertiser: Aspire2More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Mar 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Tutoring
We are currently looking for an online learning facilitator/distance learning tutor for our small business cerificates Level 3 and Level 4 to be responsible for the day to day support of groups of our students who are studying across our small business courses. You will need a knowledge of small business operations and bookeeping including accounts.
You will need experience in providing a friendly and supportive service to students or clients, using a range of communication media, to enable students to reach their goals and fulfil their potential. This is a fixed term position working from our offices in downtown New Plymouth.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide structure and focus to assist our students in managing their workload and making continued progress through their courses.
- Monitor learner engagement and work effectively with our student success enthusiasts.
- Provide regular and effective communications and support for each group of learners.
- Maintain an active presence within course occurrences.
- Write and moderate assessment packages.
- Provide support and advice to other tutors.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in the delivery of distance education.
- Holds a diploma, degree or a relevant post graduate diploma in Business or a related discipline.
- Has a suitable teaching or education related qualification such as a Certificate in Adult Teaching, and/or unit standards 4098, 11551 and 11552 or prepared to gain these within 6-12 months of employment
- Is skilled in coaching and developing people.
- Is experienced in writing assessments, pre moderation, post moderation and marking.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people of all ages and cultures.
- Is able to undertake evening work if required.
Does this sound like you? If you are confident that you can excel in this role and are looking to join a dynamic team that are focused on making a difference for our students - apply online today!
Applicants for this position MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.