Advertiser: Optimus Systems LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Based in a modern office space near Victoria Park in Central Auckland, we consider ourselves the most awesome IT Services (Support, Cloud, Consulting etc.) provider to New Zealand SME’s and have been for over 15 years.
What you'll be doing
As a member of our vibrant and enthusiastic team, you will be assisting in the smooth running and day-to-day operations of our business. You will be responsible for accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, and follow ups on creditors invoices.
This role is part time, Mon-Thur 9am till 3pm (Actual timings negotiable).
Working closely with our executive team to ensure timely and excellent delivery of the key responsibilities which include:
- Accounts payable, receivable and invoices, using Xero.
- Finance reporting.
- Overseeing our outsourced payroll
- Liaising with the teams as well as customers and suppliers regarding accounting questions.
- Timely administration of end of month billing.
- Accurate auditing and billing to ensure quality assurance
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner
- Financial administration support
- Liaising with our external accountants
Who we're picturing
We’re looking for someone who has a solid background or extensive knowledge in accounts, and experience working in an office environment and can bring the very best of themselves to the role everyday. You will be fully fluent in spoken and written English as strong communication skills and professionalism are essential for success in this role.
The chances are that this means that you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- High motivation levels and a strong drive to excel in your field
- Experience with Xero accounting and payroll systems
- Excellent communication skills, pleasant mannerisms, approachable and the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Eagerness to learn with a high attention to detail
Accounting qualifications are preferred but not essential. Our team is growing, so this role is an additional role to our current staff and we are looking to fill this as soon as possible.
What makes us so awesome you ask?
We put people first.
Whether its providing the best outcomes for customers, or building a collaborative workplace for staff, our business knows success comes from delivering on the commitments we make to others, including you.
We know what we’re talking about.
Made up of a diverse group of people, brought together by a shared passion for technology and how it can help grow kiwi businesses, you’d be part of a team with an in-depth knowledge of IT and it’s benefits to commercial growth, and which we would always be willing to share with you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?