Student Success Manager
Advertiser: Future SkillsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $70,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Student Success Manager
Otago Polytechnic Auckland International Campus (OPAIC) in partnership with Future Skills Academy, is located in Auckland CBD. As one of the highest quality tertiary education providers in New Zealand, we are currently seeking a Student Success Manager for our Student Services Department, to ensure that OPAIC continues to perform well in measures of student success and to lead the institutional strategy for ensuring these outcomes.
The Student Success Manager is responsible for managing, leading and delivering student success services with the Student Support Team at the Auckland International Campus. The Student Support Team addresses the differing needs of a diverse student body. The department strives to provide a supportive student environment, academic support and an outstanding and vibrant campus life experience for our students, giving effect to the values required by Otago Polytechnic and Future Skills Academy.
You are expected to contribute to the wider interests of OPAIC, as well as leading your own area, engaging actively with relevant industry bodies and the delivery of comprehensive, high-quality student services.
As the Student Success Manager you will:
- Have a strong achievement-oriented culture centred on the delivery of comprehensive, high-quality student services, that enhances student engagement, success and wellbeing through innovative future-focused approaches to student services and learning support.
- Ensure that all students have a successful and quality experience at OPAIC from pre-arrival and orientation through to graduation and alumni.
- Ensure that services are learner-centred, evidence-informed, address the needs of all learner groups and are delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure processes for continuous assessment and improvement of support systems and services are operating successfully.
- Provide student groups with appropriate expertise, counseling, coaching, and support to equip them with the confidence, motivation and learner capabilities that they need to succeed in their studies and contribute to their employability.
- Ensure that relevant staff across the organisation are well-informed on a range of Student Success related topics.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will be educated to Bachelor degree level or higher, relevant to the position, with an ability to bring strategic direction to the Student Success strategy of OPAIC. You will have worked in the tertiary education sector with a focus on student support services such as welfare and/or counseling, and experience in leading/managing a team of professional staff and effective management of resources in an educational context. You will have substantial practical experience and a demonstrated ability to develop and implement practical approaches to pastoral care and support services tailored to the specific needs of student cohorts. You must have experience in designing and delivering content supporting and have an awareness of the international education context. The ability to build and maintain productive relationships and networks at all levels, internally and externally, with people from a broad range of industry and cultural backgrounds, is essential.
What’s on offer
- An opportunity to join a very exciting, dynamic and well-known brand.
- A management role within a highly-respected student services team.
- An outstanding team culture where staff seek continuous quality improvement.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work practices.
This will be an exciting, high energy role. OPAIC wishes to encourage strong applicants with a well-established record in the student support services arena, and continuous success in working with tertiary students. Your employment record should demonstrate an ability to engage effectively with members of staff and students, deliver on quality, and have a passion for education.
Further information on OPAIC can be obtained by visiting our website www.op.ac.nz/auckland.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click "Apply for this job" button.
Applications close once suitable candidates have been identified.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?