Youth Guarantee (Level 1) Foundation Skills TUTORS
Advertiser: EmployNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Mar 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- $45,000 - $49,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Tutoring
Based in our new purpose built education facility in Tauranga's CBD.
EmployNZ is a leading Bay of Plenty tertiary provider specialising in foundation education, service industry skills and pre-employment education.
Due to an internal promotion and increased student demand for our services, we are seeking 2 qualified adult educators to join our team and deliver Youth Guarantee (YG) Foundation Skills. This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our young people (16-19 yrs) and be part of a high performing education team of staff.
To be sucessful you will ideally have:
- Adult teaching experience and qualification (or be working towards) and the National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NCALNE) (Level 5)
- Ability to connect with youth through creative, exciting and motivational delivery methods
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and drive to deliver results for our students
- Previous experience as a tutor or working with youth and an understanding of their unique challenges to learning
The EmployNZ Education team are a passion bunch of people and they want their new colleagues to be the same!
A strong desire and work ethic to support and coach youth in training and development to meet their career and employment aspirations is required.
- Deliver NZQA unit standards in a way that brings our curriculum alive for the student and enables completion within set curriculum timeframes
- Mentoring students and tracking/monitoring of our student success
- Meeting organisation targets for student achievement
- Assessing Literacy/Numeracy throughout the students enrolment
This position is for 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday. Hours: 8am - 4.30pm daily.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
To apply please submit a covering letter briefly outlining your suitability for the role, and your current CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a tutor?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?