Advertiser: Analytix LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Analytix is a professional and established laboratory that prides itself on technical expertise and service delivery. Due to increased workloads; we now seek an additional asbestos analysts to join our asbestos team on a full-time basis.
We have a strong team culture and seek to invest heavily in staff, training, methodologies and company accreditation to ensure we deliver the very highest quality service to our clients.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analysis of asbestos in bulk materials, soils and air samples in accordance with documented in-house procedures and international guidance
- Quantification of asbestos in soils
- Completion of Proficiency Testing samples and internal QA/QC programmes
- Liaising with clients regarding sample results, advice and general queries.
- Producing reports and certificates detailing the sample analysis findings and reporting this to clients.
- Ensuring compliance with company Quality and Health & Safety procedures.
- Office administration duties and assistance with the generation of quotes.
You will have exceptional attention to detail, be methodical and deadline oriented. Additionally, you must have a basic understanding of Microsoft word and excel and TEAMS (LIMS) experience would be highly advantageous.
To be considered for this role, applicants MUST have the following skills and attributes;
Experience of working within an busy asbestos laboratory is preferable with a knowledge of ISO 17025 standards, HSG 248 & AS4964.
Ideally candidates would also hold the BOHS P401 and/or P403 Qualifications.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Science, Environmental Science or a related field.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in asbestos analysis desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail.
- A diligent, hardworking and 'can do' attitude.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours where you strive to be a great team player.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team where training, development and progression is available for self-motivated and driven individuals. Analytix offers a vibrant working environment with a strong team focus and a competitive salary in addition to ongoing training and development, 20 days annual leave plus public/statutory holidays.
Please note that all applications are reviewed but only shortlisted candidates with the required qualifications and experience will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?