Advertiser: Youth Alive TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Youth Alive Trust is a Christian youth organisation working to create brighter futures for young people in the east of Christchurch. We are looking for someone to join our team - someone who shares our passion for building positive experiences in the lives of young people and someone who shares our values.
You would be joining a passionate and experienced team of staff and volunteers who are in the privileged position of serving hundreds of young people on the east of Christchurch every week.
The position involves 25 hours per week coordinating a unique daily after school OSCAR programme, for children aged 9 – 13. We offer exciting activities for children, including sports, arts and crafts, cooking, games and structured free time. You will work alongside another staff member and volunteers with around 20 children each day.
Essential attributes for the role:
- Training or proven experience in relating to and motivating young people (aged 9 – 13).
- Leadership and management skills with the ability to plan and run a number of weekly clubs; kitchen skills and craft skills will count in your favour!
- Competency in planning, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines.
- Ability to both work in a team and alone, and be flexible to the ever changing OSCAR environment.
- An empathetic heart that listens too and responds to the needs of the young people they will be working with.
Candidates need to be at least 20 years of age with a valid full NZ driver licence. It would also help if they are competent with computers, have access to their own transport and have a first aid certificate.
Hours during school terms are 1pm - 6pm Monday to Friday, plus 5 hours of administration time on Thursday mornings. During school holiday periods, hours of work will be based upon rostered shifts between the hours of 8am - 6pm.
Youth Alive Trust takes child safety and child protection responsibilities seriously, and staff recruitment is carried out in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation. The successful candidate will be required to have a police check.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To find out more about who we are, visit us at www.yat.org.nz.
Apply for this role or find out more by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV and cover letter with your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have professional child care experience?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?