Desktop/Network Support Technicians
Advertiser: New Era IT LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Mar 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Due to the company growth, we are currently looking for a full-time Desktop/Network Support Technician within our Christchurch Technical Support Team.
About the role:
It is a junior technical role that will suit those who are technically savvy and keen to support future-focused learning. You will be a face and voice of New Era IT as you will support technical services for our customers throughout the school. You will work as part of the team and be engaging with all levels of users from students and teachers to ICT Managers, so ability to communicate with non-technical people is a must. You will ensure the smooth running of school IT infrastructure including printers, projectors, SMART Boards and will be in charge of maintaining and troubleshooting issues with firewalls, servers and networks.
- Customer service champion
- Love learning and applying new technologies
- Technical problem solver with at least 1 year's experience in an IT service desk support role
- Proven self-starter who can work without supervision (we don't micromanage)
- Self-taught IT hobbyist or a qualified professional with an IT Degree/Diploma
- Can prioritise and juggle multiple tasks at a time
- Work quickly and accurately
- Honest, reliable and punctual
- Hold a clean and restricted/full New Zealand driver licence
It would be an advantage if you have had Apple experience (if not we can teach you that!)
You will enjoy:
- A friendly team environment with support from the head office for issues requiring escalation
- Broad range of options for training and developing your IT skills
- Opportunity to work with the IT industry's latest technologies
- Internal career growth for high performers and IT super stars
- Annual company ski-trips to Ohakune
- Snacks, beer and wine for a happy hour on Fridays
- Cost price on products from our suppliers
New Era is New Zealand's largest education focused IT company, with a nationwide footprint and part of a global group of education IT companies. We specialise in supporting and implementing large computer networks as well as delivering 'cutting edge technology' solutions. At New Era IT we value the input from each individual and actively promote innovative thinking and positive input. To know more, visit us online www.newerait.co.nz
Don't miss out on this great opportunity and kick start your career – Apply now!
Applications close Wednesday, 3 April 2019.
Please include a cover letter saying why you would be the perfect fit and attach a copy of your recent CV.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand should apply for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?