Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Mar 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Operating nationwide, the Classic Group has developed an enviable reputation for being consistently awarded for customer care and satisfaction over the past 22 years.
The Classic Group of companies comprises of our lifestyle retirement division Classic Life, our land and property development division Classic Developments, our residential construction division Classic Builders, and our commercial construction division CBC Construction. We currently employ over 250 staff around New Zealand.
Classic Life are the operators of the stunning 'The Vines' lifestyle village in Bethlehem and we are seeking a Gardener to join our small, busy team.
- Maintaining the nursery for selected plants
- Preparing soil & planting out
- Laying turf & turf maintenance
- Mowing lawns, trimming edges, clearing weeds
- Manage construction of garden borders and other basic garden features
- General repairs & maintenance duties
- Using, driving and maintaining gardening/ maintenance machinery and equipment
What we're looking for:
- General handyman/ gardening/ landscaping experience is essential.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Great team-player attitude and a solid work ethic.
- Experience in a similar position is preferable.
- A clean, valid NZ drivers license.
- Growsafe spray certificate is advantageous.
This is an outdoor, physical role so being physically suited to the requirements of the position are essential.
This role offers competitive rates, lots to do with plenty of variation, and (most importantly!) an awesome team culture.
Core to what we do at Classics is our values, so if these resonate with you and the way you work, then you'll fit in fine:
- We care
- We work as one team
- We are daring
- We deliver excellence
If this sounds like a bit of you, apply by clicking the link!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a gardener?
- What's your expected hourly rate?