Health & Safety Advisor
Advertiser: Classic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Mar 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Health, Safety & Environment
Who are we?
We are CASE Safety. We are smart, we are curious, and we are people focused.
The reason we exist is to “Make Health and Safety Simple”.
What do we do?
We put workers first. We develop innovative solutions to Health and Safety problems. We work in partnership with businesses. We empower others to become leaders in Health and Safety.
Where did we come from?
CASE Safety’s inception came about when we were asked by Classic Builders, NZ’s 3rd largest residential builder in New Zealand, to provide ‘easy to use’ solutions to Health & Safety. We looked around and didn’t find anything that was going to work…So we went ahead and created CASE!
Starting from scratch, CASE Safety is now working in the residential construction, commercial construction, retirement/lifestyle village and land development to name a few!
What will our Health & Safety Advisor need to do?
- Provide coaching, advice and system tools to enable the Classic Group to manage Health and Safety on various worksites in accordance with the Classic Group Management System.
- Encourage a culture of ‘Health and Safety Excellence’ by role-modelling positive behaviours and actions in dealings with all stakeholders, including providing authentic, visible and active safety leadership.
- Provide visibility for Senior Management, and promote transparency, by recording ad hoc observations, carrying out formal audits and providing information as requested.
- Produce and provide learning resources that support staff to execute their responsibilities.
- Communicate future focussed issues and trends for business units to action accordingly.
- Mentor and develop site-based supervisors/manager’s leadership abilities in the field of Health and Safety.
- Provide technical advice and support that promotes workers abilities to ensure worksite Health and Safety Risks are managed to ALARP. (As Low As Reasonably Practicable).
- Identify, analyse and communicate to the Health and Safety Manager, aspects of the Health and Safety Management System that can be changed to improve H&S performance and culture.
- Coach operational staff, including subcontractors in a manner that inspires commitment to Health and Safety processes.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to Health and Safety issues being faced by workers.
- Produce regular reports that incorporate analysis and insights of the preceding months reporting and activity.
The skills and experience required for the role include:
- Experience in large scale residential construction/development as an HS Advisor.
- Experience with mobile HS Software systems, as a trainer and including providing feedback to system developers on enhancements and features for the benefit of workers as the end user.
- Experience in liaising with numerous interested parties to achieve ‘win-wins’ for all, including corporate clients, project managers, workers and owners/directors (officers).
- Experience with being managed remotely and being able to self-manage goals, tasks and longer-term objectives via the collaborative software platforms MS Planner.
- Experience in on-site coaching, support and advice for project managers and workers, including contractor work force and reporting in real time with iAuditor.
Why you should consider CASE
We have big plans and a clear strategy to get us there - so you will always understand the part you play. We are a supportive team who work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is balanced by being fun and relaxed.
Working closely as a team, we have a culture we are proud of, based on the solid values of Care, One Team, Daring, and Excellence. It’s an awesome place to develop in.
This is a great opportunity for someone to channel their experience and enthusiasm for helping others succeed, while being able to contribute to our story even further.
So, if you are interested in developing your career within an innovative organisation that loves delivering excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send in your resume/CV and a cover letter using the link below
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?