Prison Chaplain - Manawatu & Whanganui Prisons
Advertiser: Prison Chaplaincy Service of Aotearoa New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Feb 2019
- Manawatu, Palmerston North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
This is a full time position - 3 days at Manawatu Prison and 2 days at Whanganui Prison.
- Can you help us show the love of God inside the prison walls
- Be willing to support all prisoners with a non-judgemental heart
- Support the Department of Corrections' goal of reducing re-offending
- Use your ministry skills to co-ordinate religious services and provide pastoral support
- Work with chaplaincy teams at both Manawatu and Whanganui prisons
You will have the opportunity to journey with prisoners as they encounter the challenges of prison life and separation from loved ones and whanau.
We need someone who has theological training, a deep faith, pastoral experience and is comfortable and knowledge with te reo and tikanga. A person who can provide group and individual services, pastoral support, and lead and co-ordinate volunteers.
A reasonable level of physical and psychological fitness is required. Experience working with youth or those with mental health issues would be an advantage.
Every day will be different, so adaptability is important.
Are you ready for a new challenge? You can download the job description and application form from our website www.pcsanz.org
Applications close 31 March 2019.
Please apply through Seek with your application form, cover letter and cv.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Pona Solomona our Regional Manager based at Whanganui Prison, phone 06 349 2254 or email: Pona.Solomona@corrections.govt.nz
Appointments are subject to an acceptable church commendation, MOJ check and obtaining approval for prison access.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?