HL7 Software Engineer
Advertiser: Volpara Health Technologies LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Feb 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
About the business
Here at Volpara our mission is to reduce the mortality and cost of breast cancer by providing clinically validated software to help underpin personalized, high-quality, breast cancer screening. We do this through the provision of on-site advanced image analysis algorithms with associated Cloud-based analytics software. We have users in over 35 countries and we are the recognized global leaders in this space. With the technology originating from the University of Oxford, but with 95% of our sales in the US, and yet having most of the research and development hosted in Wellington, we are a truly "born global" company and are listed on the ASX (VHT).
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer experienced with HL7 and C# to join our growing team and evolve our innovative Digital Health products that leverage the power and flexibility of Microsoft's Azure PaaS and IoT Edge technologies, including machine learning. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and wants to contribute to improving Women's health. Someone who is product and customer focused, motivated and can work across a diverse set of technologies and medical systems. You must be at ease working in an agile environment with minimal supervision and be passionate about continuous improvement. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
- Be responsible for multiple medical system integration projects.
- Design and develop well architected and coded software products.
- Analyse, design and develop tests and test automation suites.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements for existing products.
- Develop appropriate design and presentation documents for internal customers.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members, including quality assurance, scientists, project and product managers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
Skills and experience
You have …
- Good commercial experience of HL7 (essential) and ideally FIHR.
- A computer science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience of both waterfall and agile test environments.
- Experience with Azure Devops, Git, C# and .NET.
- Familiarity with a range of backend technology concepts, including REST APIs, Docker and Linux.
- An excellent understanding of design patterns and can demonstrate their use.
- Experience of using continuous integration and automation frameworks and associated practices, including unit testing.
- An understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP and SSL.
- A willingness to grow your leadership skills and ideally have some experience of managing a small team in an agile development environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and proactively take responsibility and look for ways to help your team achieve its goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and can tailor complex information for consumption by customers.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and can demonstrate your approach to understanding and resolving problems.
- The ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions that get the customer and the business the best outcome.
- An open personality, someone who wants to get things done and has a positive attitude towards feedback.
- A willingness to give direct feedback and work with teams to improve processes.
You might also have …
- Have an interest in IoT.
- Some experience of working in an embedded environment.
- Exposure to working in an ISO27001 environment.
- Working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with Azure PaaS services, such as Service Bus, Web Jobs or Functions
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?