Kaimahi Hauora ā-Hapori - Community Health Worker - Immunisation Services
Advertiser: Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Feb 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
We are seeking a Community Health Worker for our Ora Toa Outreach Immunisation Service.
The successful applicant will work as a team with the Registered Nurses to increase immunisation uptake, mainly for tamariki aged under 6 years.
The service works within the National Immunisation Schedule and the Ora Toa PHO Immunisation Plan guidelines and uses community networks to locate whānau, provide health education, and flexible options for vaccination.
The service also supports the PHO to achieve national and local immunisation targets and to provide immunisation promotional activities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant community health worker experience
- Full New Zealand Driver Licence
- An understanding of the community to be served and the networks available
- Experience in Medtech preferred
- Working knowledge of office technology and ideally Office 365
This role requires safety checking through the police vetting system under the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014.
Application Close: 5pm, Friday 8 March 2019. Please send your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to Brigitte Beilensohn, email Brigitte.Beilensohn@ngatitoa.iwi.nz , phone (04) 2384980. A job description is available upon request.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?