Restaurant Manager - Terrace Kitchen
Advertiser: The Blue Baths EstMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Feb 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rotorua
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Terrace Kitchen is a modern restaurant & bar – and sister premise to Rotorua’s iconic event venue and catering company. Blue Baths
Open from 7:30am till late and offering a fresh, innovative dining experience to the region. we seek a suitably qualified professional who is as excited about the industry as we are. You will need genuine passion for service, a good knowledge of current food, drinks and dining trends and enjoy the challenge of managing the TK front-of-house team. Our modern premise has a cool vibe and contemporary aesthetic - and we strive to create an outstanding experience for every guest that chooses to dine with us.
Located in one of New Zealand's fastest growing yet affordable cities, Terrace provides the opportunity for growth and lifestyle balance within a thriving organisation.
This will be a hands-on role for a person who uses their wealth of experience to effectively manage our FOH team, and deliver high quality hospitality services to our customers. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with management to further build on the successes of our team. For the right applicant this role provides a great opportunity for growth, development and lifestyle balance.
- Report to management on restaurant performance.
- Lead by example for employees - i.e confidence, enthusiasm, and presentation.
- Ability to diplomatically resolve any employee concerns
- Ensure the standard and quality of restaurant service is maintained.
- Supervise, motivate and train staff.
- Work collaboratively with management to plan and organise special functions.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure liquor licensing is appropriately enforced.
- Liaise with suppliers when required.
- Set up and pack down restaurant appropriately when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in top-performing restaurants
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to problem solve
- Motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic attitude
- Relevant qualifications
- Current knowledge of contemporary restaurant practices
- A genuine passion for service, food & beverage, and the wider industry.
- A customer focused attitude.
- Ability to turn up well presented every shift.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Cash handling experience.
- Preparing performance reports.
- To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- MOST OF ALL we are looking for the right attitude and a genuine passion for customer service.
An exciting career challenge - the ability to craft and make your mark on the NZ hospitality industry.
A great lifestyle balance on offer - low rents, no traffic, great family benefits, close to NZ's trout fishing capital, geothermal spa capital, ample culture and an extreme sports haven. Rotorua is the mountain biking mecca of the southern hemisphere. Central to ski-fields and the beach - and only 2 & 1/2 hrs drive to Auckland. Also one of New Zealand's fastest growing cities.
Ability for growth within the Blue Baths Group organisation.
The ability to work in a contemporary hospitality environment, serving some of the best food in the region.
A competitive salary
Please take the time to look at our webiste and gain a little more scope before applying www.terrace.kitchen
For more information on our sister company Blue Baths please visit www.bluebaths.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a restaurant manager?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- Have you completed a qualification in hospitality?