Advertiser: Farra Engineering LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Feb 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
About the business
Farra Engineering Ltd is a Dunedin headquartered, diversified engineering company that provides engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers. Farra's strength lies in its experience, resilient history, solid reputation, breadth of operations, and technical and management skills.
About the role
The role will involve:
- Working in one of the largest machine shops in New Zealand.
- Being involved in some major projects for our country, and throughout the world.
- Programming and operating CNC machine tools / or the ability to learn.
- Designing and manufacturing fixtures for work holding.
- Working to a high degree of accuracy and taking pride in your work.
Skills and experience
To be successful, you will ideally have:
- Trade qualifications as a Fitter, Turner, and Machinist.
- A reasonable understanding of computers.
- A positive attitude.
- Willingness to work overtime as and when required.
- Fitting experience, this would be an advantage.
Remuneration will be based on your experience and what you can bring to the team.
In accordance with our Company's Drug and Alcohol Policy, the successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.