Quality Assurance Co-ordinatorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Quality Assurance & Control
Who we are:
Founded over forty five years ago, we are a privately owned company with a successful long-term record in the food ingredient supply industry. We currently employ between 300 and 350 people depending on seasonal demand, with annual turnover over in excess of $200 million per annum NZD. The business has a supportive culture where staff are truly valued and encouraged to develop and grow with the business.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced quality professional who is passionate about food. Quality is paramount and you will be a positive thinker who is not afraid to make decisions or resolve issues. The role will be very hands on: you will be working closely with our warehouse team, sales team and the rest of the quality team. This role also opportunities to be involved in quality based projects, writing Spec's and PIF's, being involved in audits and improving systems. The business sources ingredients from all over the world, so this role will ensure raw material and finished product quality standards remain high.
Skills and Attributes
- Be a qualified Food Technologist (BTech, BSc or similar). Consideration will also be given to those with suitable industry experience who may not have formal qualifications, or a recent graduate with a desire to make a career in quality.
- Be confident, resilient and have excellent communication skills.
- Have high levels of attention to detail, problem solving ability and autonomy.
- Have strong interpersonal leadership skills to influence, develop and grow relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and team members.
- Possess well developed oral & written communication skills
- Have an understanding of HACCP principles and GMP requirements
- Show excellent communication and people skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities
- Have competent computer skills
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. You have the opportunity to carve a successful career at one of the leading food importation businesses in NZ.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your highest level of education?