Advertiser: WellStopMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Rest of Hawkes Bay
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Are you looking to support positive cultural change in your community?
Do you want to promote an understanding of consent, healthy relationships and sexual violence prevention for young people, along with positive healthy relationships in all aspects of life?
Are you are a motivated and engaging team player, with a background in education, facilitation or youth work?
Above all you are passionate about the health of young people and have the ability to work across cultures in a way that respects and values diversity?
WellStop is seeking people who have relevant experience working with youth, in health promotion, community or education settings and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. There are several positions available, from 20-40 hours per week.
You will be able to build an effective level of rapport with people within a short period of time, and the ability to address a highly emotive issue with sensitivity and the impartiality needed to achieve programme objectives.
· Promoting the values of the Mates and Dates Programme in your community in education settings.
· Delivering education programmes
· Strengthening and maintaining working relationships with schools
· A focus on Community Prevention
· Working collaboratively within a team
· Being a positive role model for youth
Essential skills and attributes include:
· The ability to engage youth in a group setting
· An ability to work with a diverse range of groups, individuals and cultures
· A non-judgemental attitude/ approach
· The ability to respond appropriately to challenging questions and situations, including elements of risk management and disclosures.
· A commitment to the principals of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
· A commitment to gender equality and social justice
· A Commitment to the values of the education programmes you will be delivering.
· Able to pass a Police check and meet the criteria of the Vulnerable Children’s Act
The ideal person will have:
· Experience in education, youth work, group facilitation
· A relevant tertiary-level qualification or equivalent experience
· A willingness to upskill and explore professional development opportunities
· Understanding of diverse genders and sexualities
· Understanding of the dynamics of sexual violence
· A full driver’s licence and own road worthy vehicle
We are seeking to develop a team of educators who reflect the diversity of our youth community, with a passion for positive change, so if this is you, we encourage you to apply to:
Manager Napier/Hawkes Bay: Rowena.Orpet@Wellstop.org.nz
Applications close – 4 March 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?