Mates and Dates Facilitator - Waikato
Advertiser: Caps HaurakiMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
CAPS Hauraki (child abuse prevention services) multidisciplinary team work together to make a difference in the lives of families within our local communities.
We are looking for facilitators to join our Waikato team and run the successful ACC Mates & Dates programme in secondary schools.
What is Mates & Dates?
The ACC Mates & Dates programme is a healthy relationships programme for secondary school students. It's designed to help prevent sexual and dating violence by teaching young people relationship skills and behaviours to carry with them throughout their lives. It's about all kinds of relationships, including friends and family.
Mates & Dates is a multi-year programme that is taught to years 9-13 in one 50-minute session each week for five weeks.
Mates & Dates aims to teach young people how to:
- have healthy relationships based on respect, negotiation and consent
- identify inappropriate behaviour
- get help if they, or someone they know, are in an unhealthy relationship
- safely intervene in situations that could lead to harm.
Each year's content is appropriate for that age group and is taught by specialist male and female facilitators.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Co-facilitate the programme in Secondary Schools in the Waikato regions. This includes:
- preparing the sessions as per ACC Mates & Dates programme content with co-facilitator
- co-facilitating as required
- Full training will be provided and you will be required to attend an ACC run 3-day training.
- The hours can vary depending on the school schedule. This is an as and when needed position on a casual or contracted basis.
Skills and experience
- Skills required include:
- Experience facilitating/presenting to young people;
- Experience delivering sexual violence prevention content/material;
- Experience dealing with diverse cultural contexts;
- Comfortable with presenting the perspectives of all gender types;
- Passed Workforce Safety checks under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014;
- Organised, flexible;
- Able to work as part of a team.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 5PM Monday 25 February 2019.
If you wish to discuss this position further, please call 07-868-8644.